Their combined wealth, it is estimated, exceeded the wealth of the Government of the United States at that time.
These men certainly knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth. Attending the meeting were the following men:
1. The president of the largest steel company.
2. The president of the largest utility company.
3. The president of the largest gas company.
4. The president of the New York Stock Exchange.
5. The president of the Bank of International Settlements.
6. The greatest wheat speculator.
7. The greatest bear on Wall Street.
8. The head of the World's greatest monopoly.
9. A member of President Harding's cabinet.
That's a pretty impressive line-up of people by anyone's yardstick.
Yet, 25 years later, where were those nine industrial giants?